Noone ever tells you this!

Housework, if it is done right, can kill you. ~John Skow ---------

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm charging my house with disorderly conduct


Disorderly conduct - any act of interrupting, hindering, agitating, and otherwise depriving individuals from having the piece and quiet that they are entitled to.

The above definition totally describes my house.  My house interrupts my life with its carelessness, it hinders me from finding what I need when I need it, it causes great agitation when I trip over something that's been put where it doesn't belong.  And peace and quiet?  How can you have peace and quiet with all of the above going on?  I know what you are thinking and I'll admit it's true.  I have totally let my house take charge of my life, when I should be taking charge of my house - and that's what this blog is all about.  I'm hoping that by committing to writing about it, and offering up things I've learned along the way, I can restore some order in the life of my chaotic house.

If you are a disorganized housekeeper and you want to join me for my journey, please feel free to follow along.  If you're the best housekeeper in the world, my blog may just give you the chuckle you need for the day.   I would love to get your tips on housekeeping so I can pass them along. 

This is giving you fair warning, my lovely house - you'll be under arrest if you continue to break the rules.  I'm hoping to take you from chaotic to orderly.  It won't be easy, but I'll start the journey one step at a time.  Tomorrow we start with the dreaded JUNK DRAWER.  Stay tuned......

4 comments:

  1. I am giggling already. I look forward to reading your posts. Congratulations on the new blog adventure.

    I myself am a horrid house keeper. I do like for everything to be in place....I just never actually clean. You know, dust vacuum, sweep....all that stuff. I procrastinate that like crazy. I look forward to your encouragement.

    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jules - I'm hoping to get a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I amassed a lot of THINGS, Things I never use so I put them in my driveway, put a free sign on it and most are gone. That is three days of cleaning garages and hauling fabric to the church ladies, Hauling a trunk load of clothing to the Salvation Army and I am Not done yet. HOuse is also being worked on and cleared out. Tired of Stuff cluttering up my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete