Noone ever tells you this!

Housework, if it is done right, can kill you. ~John Skow ---------

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dishwasher Blues

I'm on vacation this week, so being away, my organizational duties have come to a screeching halt.    This is one I wrote a week or so ago,
Here's a tiny tip that may make your life a little easier.  Unloading the dishwasher is one of my least favorite chores.  I don't mind loading it, but I always forget to unload it until it needs loading again.  It's time consuming and having to unload it makes for a slow clean-up time.  Well, I've found that even your dishwasher needs organization.  To speed up the unloading process, start separating your flatware into sections when you're loading it.  Then when it's time to unload - voila!  The flatware is ready to pick up by the handfuls and put in your flatware tray. 
dinner forks and tablespoons
salad forks, teaspoons and knives
Just pick up they basket, put it above your flatware drawer and only takes a jiffy to unload!

Sometimes the simple little tasks can make a difference.

3 comments:

  1. I do that with my flatware, and Lo to the person that mixes them up. I am OCD about organization. Plates on one side, Glasses by size, cups with handles a certain way. My husband has finally learned but often he calls me to load because he cant make it fit.
    Good point to share Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use some of your OCD on organization. But I'm working on it - hopefully old dogs can learn new tricks - this old dog is trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mama always said, "If it is worth doing It is worth doing right the first time."
    Boy did I learn that the hard way, Making Beds, I remade many beds until it was right.

    ReplyDelete